Fresh Mint Margarita
Ingredients (for 2 small drinks)
1 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
handful of mint
1/2 cup mint syrup
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
4 ounces tequila
2 ounces grand marnier or triple sec
salt for rum
- To make mint syrup, combine all syrup ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Turn off heat, cover and let steep 15 minutes.
- Strain leaves out.
- To make drinks, pour some salt on a small plate, then rub a quarter of a lime over the rim of the glasses then dip into the salt to rim each glass.
- Combine the syrup, lime juice, tequila and grand marnier in cocktail shaker.
- Shake to combine, pour into glasses filled with ice.
- Add mint to taste to the glass and enjoy.
- Happy Cinco de Mayo Derby Day!