Salmon and Asparagus Bruschetta
3/4 lb salmon filet
4 bay leaves
4 juniper berries
1/2 cup of sweet white wine like muscat
4 thick slices of bread - I used rye bread
2 peeled garlic cloves
8-10 asparagus spears, rough ends trimmed
4 oz of cream cheese
salt and pepper
chervil or other herbs for garnish
olive oil for drizzling bread
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In an oven proof dish, drizzle some olive oil. Place the salmon in the oil skin side down. Add the bay leaves, juniper berries and wine. Sprinkle the salmon with a little salt.
- Squeeze lemon over the fish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes. Salmon should still be a little pink inside.
- Remove from oven and uncover and let cool.
- For bread, drizzle with olive oil and toast in the oven for 10 minutes. Once the bread comes out of the oven, rub it with garlic. Let cool.
- Fill a large saucepan with water, bring to a boil. Drop the asparagus in for 2 minutes and remove. Dump the asparagus in cold water.
- Drain the asparagus.
- When salmon is cool, flake it with your hands into bite sized pieces.
- Spread the bread with cream cheese, top with salmon and then asparagus and chervil.
- Serve with lemon.