1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon allspice
2 large egs
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup honey
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
2 cups shredded carrots
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 12 muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Whisk whole-wheat flour, 1/2 cup oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and allspice together in a medium bowl until combined.
- Whisk eggs, applesauce, honey and vanilla in a large bowl. Whisk in coconut oil.
- Stir in the flour mixture into the liquids.
- Fold in the carrots, 1/2 cup of coconut, raisins and walnuts.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups.
- Sprinkle each muffin with the remaining coconut.
- Bake the muffins until the spring back when touched, about 30 to 35 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean.
- Remove from the oven, let stand for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Serve cool or warm.