(Healthy) Baked Oatmeal Pie, adapted from wholefoodsmarket.com
2 cups frozen mixed berries
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 apple, peeled, cored and grated (about 1 cup)
1 cup milk (your choice, whole, skim, lowfat)
1/2 cup nonfat vanilla or maple or plain yogurt
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Spray a 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the berries, oats, pecans, baking powder, salt, and apple.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla and egg whites.
- Pour the liquid into the oat mixture and stir to combine completely.
- Pour into the prepared pie dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes - until it is firm and lightly browned on top.
- Either slice and serve immediately or let cool, cover and warm slices in microwave or toaster oven when ready to serve.