Last year, I went to a scotch tasting where many different kinds of scotch and other liquors were available for tasting and chatting about with the purveyors. I am not a big scotch fan, and while I learned to appreciate it a little more at this event, what I really fell in love with were the products of a company called Michters, who produce small batch whiskey in Kentucky. My favorite was the US 1 Small Batch bourbon. Bourbon generally is my favorite kind of spirit because it is rich and warm, but also has a touch of sweetness and doesn't burn too bad going down! We also tried the Straight Whiskey and the Straight Rye, which were also both great. I haven't found the Rye in stores around here yet, but hope to soon and make a cocktail with that.
Rosemary Apple Cider Cocktail
Ingredients (for 1 cocktail)
1 shot bourbon
2 sprigs rosemary
3/4 cup apple cider
- Put the cider and 1 sprig of rosemary in a small saucepan.
- Heat until the cider starts to bubble around the edges.
- Take off heat, and cover tightly. Let sit for 10- 15 minutes.
- Remove the rosemary sprig, pour cider in glass along with bourbon.
- Garnish with 2nd rosemary sprig.