1 and 1/2 cups mashed, very ripe bananas (about 4 medium bananas)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup whole milk
1 large egg
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 12 cup nonstick muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray (or line with paper muffin liners).
- In a medium bowl, stir together the bananas, sugars, butter, milk and egg.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, instant espresso powder, baking soda and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the well and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill each cup about three quarters full. Bake in the center of the oven for 20 - 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Move the muffin pan to a cooking rack and let cook for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the muffins from the pan and let them finish cooling on the cooling rack.